Hong Kong Jockey Club HKJC Horse racing data for free

Hi gfreeman, I note the data since this race - 2021-10-27-130-1200-AWT has not been refreshed. Can you please confirm when this data is usually updated? I really like this info and it helps me a lot. I appreciate it! Regards Trent

Can you be a bit clearer? Do you mean the 24.72, 22.86 etc?

Hi! Thank you for the support!

We are moving the data to a new platform which should be released soon!

1 Like

Hi gfreeman,
yes, 24.72, 22.86….etc.
thank you for hard work

We’ll add it as soon as possible… In the meantime we’d appreciate a donation to support our work!

Thanks @gfreeman, do you have an ETA for the new platform?

It’ll be ready in the next few days. In the meantime anyone who donated through Buy Public Data a Coffee. ko-fi.com/publicdata can get in touch privately and I will send a link to the private beta.

The new Public Data Market platform is up! And it includes all the data from HKJC of horses and races since 1979 (except for one horse from 1977!), updated every 10-15 minutes or so:

The most recent 50 records are available for free on the site, downloadable as CSV. (Feel free to scrape). All the cleaned data can be subscribed to for only US$25 per month (less than HK$200 per month).

Get in touch with me if there any problems or questions. Thank you for your support!

I plan to add more premium features as time goes on. Please send me any feature requests or questions.

There are also other datasets on the site, including Hong Kong Companies Registry, and HKEX disclosures of interests. We will be adding more data over time. If you would like to contribute any other public data and get paid for it, get in touch.

Sectional times have been added @unicron

Have a look at https://publicdatamarket.com/hkdata/hkjcraces for the update

We now have the win/place odds of horses from midnight onwards on racedays, updated every minute up to the race itself:

It allows you to notice when odds change suddenly… For example, BELUGA, running in the last race on 8th December 2021, suddenly had his winning and placing odds cut drastically just before the race:

And BELUGA did indeed finish 3rd

Here are the winning odds for all horses in that race:

So sign up to get this data now: Hong Kong Jockey Club win and place odds dataset from hkdata on Public Data Market

And if you also want to use the same cloud software I used to draw the graphs above, connected directly to the data, get in touch.

thanks op for the good work. for those who are interested in hk racing data, feel free to contact me. I have all the data and am happy to share. I also have historical live odds and overseas pricing data.

You can share here if it’s truly free?

I guess you don’t need my data given your awesome work. for others, feel free to DM me.

Hey! I take offense :slight_smile:

One thing this dataset has, that I couldn’t find anywhere else and was happy to publish, is the “live odds” tracking, that shows you how the odds moved at given points before the race. I don’t think those are available historically, they were scrapped “live” at the time it was happening.

how did you scrap the horse information from this page https://racing.hkjc.com/racing/information/English/Horse/OtherHorse.aspx?HorseId=HK_2008_K277

and then merge them with the race information form this page
https://racing.hkjc.com/racing/information/English/Racing/LocalResults.aspx?RaceDate=2010/01/01&Racecourse=ST&RaceNo=1

regards

what is your contact info please?