Hong Kong Jockey Club HKJC Horse racing data for free

Here’s all the data from HKJC of horses and races since 1979 (except for one horse from 1977!):

The most recent 50 records are available for free on the site, downloadable as CSV or through a JSON API. All the data can be subscribed to for only US$25 per month (less than HK$200 per month).

Get in touch with me if there are any problems. Thank you for your support!

1 Like

Hi.
Is there someone who could work with me further on this? I’d like to have this data for as much time as possible including to the current date, and from as much dates back as possible.

1 Like

Please get in touch with me, this is something I’m working on.

1 Like

Are you still working on this? I have complete date back to 2013

2 Likes

Hi.
Yes wclark. It would be good to talk to you. Please message me on this, I hope we can discuss!

Hi,
For Hong Kong i found this website with all the data of Sha Tin and Happy Valley courses from 1979 until today with races, results, horses, and jockey/trainer stats in several formats to download as MySql dumbs, csv, json etc. Besides they offer an update every week on this season:

horseracedatabase

Thanks for the link @BrandHeat

Are you behind this venture? And what is the source of the data?

I don´t, @gfreeman but it saved me a lot of time :slight_smile:

I just wonder if it’s got more data than that already available at hkjc.com… If not, then I can make this data available for free.

No idea, I guess in hkjc is all the available data :thinking:,
do you have already all the hkjc data??

See currently available data here: GitHub - eprochasson/horserace_data: Dataset for HKJC and SG Turfclub horse race

I will scrape the rest soon to share for free.

I’ve tried to use the data posted there months ago @gfreeman , but it’s not updated and it presents data integrity issues in the schema relations between the records since some races found in the performance table don’t have their counterpart in the races table and also the relational schema is very ‘dirty’ and hard to fix. I’m still searchin for a good data source for HK racing but still didn’t found any reliable for a horse betting model integration I’m using. Any idea here guys? I’m checking some websites like http://hkracingdb.com/ The Hong Kong Racing Journal - HONG KONG HORSE RACING DATA http://www.hkhorsedb.com/ https://horseracedatabase.com/ but i don’t know them well, the cheapest is this last one, the rest of them are ok but a bit expensive, has someone tried already one of these ones?

I will scrape it again and make it available for free.

good work, please share with us for free, thanks a lot, this would be great, so many time wasting and searching a good data source

Races are already scraped, I’ll upload them in the next few hours.

I’ll make them available as CSV, json and sqlite db.

I agree that it’s ridiculous anyone would pay for something so simple.

That’s good, data for free, yeah, have you got all race, horse and data records from 1979-2021 with the sectional times included? That would be great for free!

It took a bit longer than I planned, but here it is – all the data from HKJC of horses and races since 1979 (except for one horse from 1977!):

The most recent 50 records are available for free on the site, downloadable as CSV. All the data can be subscribed to for only US$25 per month (less than HK$200 per month).

Get in touch with me if there any problems. Thank you for your support!

I plan to add more premium features as time goes on. Please send me any feature requests or questions.

1 Like

hi, thank you, can it include the position time also ?

Hi! Can you give us an example of what you mean by “position time”?

Hi, like below image